Since its inception, the Lodge has had several homes, including a move to Canton, MA in March of 1810 where they met at the home of Amos Upham until July 28th 1814. The Lodge then moved to Bay Road in Sharon where they met at Cobb's Tavern (see the link below for additional history of Cobbs Tavern). This building still exists to the present day as a private home. The Lodge remained at Cobb's Tavern until 1818 when they returned to Capen's Lodge in Stoughton, their original home. The Lodge currently resides in the Masonic Building at 925 Pleasant Street, Stoughton.
On March 10th, 1863, the Most Worshipful Grand Master of Massachusetts granted dispensation to a group of Masons from Rising Star Lodge and others living in the the Stoughton/Canton area to organize a Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in Canton, Massachusetts, hence to be known as Blue Hill Lodge. The first meeting of the new Lodge was held in the office of the Kinsley Iron and Machine Company on Revere Street. The first Masonic Candidate was William H. Little who was raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason on the 13th day of May 1863. To this day, the two Lodges share a strong bond, due to their shared history and close proximity. Both Lodges are in the 7th Masonic Distric in Massachusetts and participate in the 7th Lodge of Instruction.
Extended history of Cobb's Tavern in Sharon, Massachusetts. Cobb's Tavern is on the Naational Historic Register and was a former home of Rising Star Lodge. This illustrated manuscript gives a detailed history of this historic building, including the period of time when Rising Star Lodge met there.
A list of all the Past Masters of Rising Star Lodge, from 1800 to the Present and all of the Past masters of Gate of the Temple Lodge from 1855 through 2013.
Rising Star Lodge History from www.masonicgeneology.com
A Tribute to Rising Star Lodges' Fallen Brother, U.S. Army Captain Anthony Palermo, Jr.